TWENTY-TWO UP FOR COUNCIL NEXT YEAR

Success of System Depends on Interest Displayed by Student Body, Members of Council Admit

Fifteen Juniors and seven Sophomores were nominated last night for next year's Student Council in accordance with the plan for the reorganization of the Council adopted several weeks ago. Seven Juniors and three Sophomores will be elected by a vote of their respective classes this spring, and the ten men thus elected will choose the other five members of th Council next fall. In accordance with a provision of the amended Constitution of the Council, however, men may be added to the list of nominations by petitions signed by at least thirty-five members of the nominee's class. To be valid the petitions must be handed in to the President or Secretary of the present Council before 1 o'clock on Friday May 23rd. The election will be held next week.

Method of Election Changed

The Student Council's action last night marks the first step toward putting into practice the plan which marks an entirely new departure in the method of selecting the Student Council. Those in back of it have claimed that it will greatly improve the quality and efficiency of that body, but members of the Council were willing to admit last night that the success of their plan depended in great measure on the result of the experiment this spring--in particular the interest displayed in the election itself.

The nominations are as follows:

JUNIORS (7 TO BE ELECTED)

George Pierce Baker Jr. of Cambridge.

Benjamin Franklin Rice-Bassett of New York City.

Edward Mauran Beals of Boston.

Alden Briggs of Brookline.

Gardner Cowles Jr. of Des Moines, Iowa.

Herbert Pelham Curtis of Boston.

Henry Traugott Dunker of Davenport. Iowa.

Malcolm Whelen Greenough of Boston.

Sylverster Baker-Kelley of Reading.

Edward George Lowry Jr. of Washington, D. C.

Philip Hunter Robb of Boston.

Philip Spalding of Milton.

Philip Huntington Theopold of Fairbault, Minnesota.

Philip Walker of North Brooktleld.

Brooks Whitehouse of Portland, Maine.

SOPHOMORES (3 TO BE ELECTED)

Robert Gray Allen of Andover.

Marion Adolphus Cheek of Brookline .

Nathaniel Saltonstall Howe of New York City.

William Conckling Ladd of Cleveland, Ohio.

Joseph Carleton McGlone of Natick.

William lehabod Nichols of Wilton, Connecticut.

Channing McGregorg; Wells of Southbridge.

In addition to making the nominations the Student Council beard the reports of several committees, ratified the action of the Executive Committee in approving the Union nominations, and recommended to the Athletic Committee the award of letters to the wrestling team. The Council also decided that hereafter recommendations for letter awards shall go from the manager (in case of a major sport team) and from the Minor Sports council (in case of a minor sport) directly to the Athletic Committee. However, the Council made it entirely plain by its resolution that it entirely reserved the right to consider the award of a letter in all unusual or extraordinary cases.