ELI TRACK CONTINGENT COMES TO BOSTON TODAY

KANE WILL FILL ALLEN'S SHOES IN 440-YARD RUN

The track forces of Harvard and Yale will swing into line today for the combined University and Freshman meets in the Stadium tomorrow when Coach Conners brings his squad of Elis, 100 strong, to Boston this afternoon, and Coach Farrell posts the final list of the men who are to wear the Crimson against Yale tomorrow.

In the Yale contingent are some 40 Freshmen, and 62 University athletes. The two squads will reach Boston at 2.30 o'clock this afternoon, and proceed to the Hotel Lenox, where they will stay tonight, and tomorrow morning before the meet.

Coach Farrell is still keeping to himself how he will group his athletes in the various events tomorrow. Allen's injury in practice on Thursday, which will keep him out of tomorrow's races, will make necessary several shifts in his original plans. Kane will probably serve as Allen's understudy in the 440, in addition to running the hurdles; Watters is sure to run the half, as his 1.55 1-5 performance at Princeton last Saturday brands him as a sure winner in that event, and he may also be called on in the mile; Cutcheon and Coburn will be the outstanding Crimson runners in the mile if Watters does not run; and Tibbetts is booked to take out the field in the two mile run, and, perhaps, repeat in the 880.

The 440 yards run had been originally looked to as the feature race of the meet, with a keen duel expected between Allen of Harvard, and Gage of Yale. Now Allen is definitely out of the running, and rumor has it that Gage is also suffering from a recurrence of an old knee injury received during the winter season. On Saturday, he was seen on crutches in New Haven, and he has been absent from track practice since. A telegram received last night from Yale, however, declared that he was in running shape, and would be able to compete tomorrow. But, in any case, it now seems that the burden of the race will fall on Chapman and Allen of Yale while Kane will keep up the Harvard end of the bargain.