SPRING SOCCER SEASON WORKS WONDERS WITH NEW MATERIAL

Coach White Institutes New Style of Play in Four Weeks' Practices

Coach T. B. White has done much with the soccer team in the four weeks of Spring practice that he has been coaching them. Not only has he worked with individuals in the fundamentals of kicking, shooting, and charging, but he has also paid much attention to teamwork. Five, Freshmen, Thomas at Goal, Mackinnon at fullback, and Crooks, Gherardi, and Trevvet in the forward line have shown special improvement. Wickersham, who was a forward last fall, has been changed to half-back, where he has been doing excellent work, and Purdy at center halfback has been doing good defence work. Coach White has instituted a new style of game entirely, that of a close passing game with the whole team better combined.

The teams played this spring have been industrial teams who are better as a rule than the average college team, playing a more scientific game.

In the game yesterday with Charlestown, F. G., the defense showed up well against the clever Charlestown forwards. Purdy and Crooks made spectacular goals, the final score being Charlestown 3, and Harvard 2.