TWO CLASSES ELECT COUNCIL MEMBERS

Dunker Leads Junior List With 230 Votes--Sophomores Elect Cheek With 262--Ballots Returned by 800

The results of the election of Juniors and Sophomores for next year's Student Council the members of which have been chosen in accordance with the new system of voting, was announced last night by F. A. Q. Schwarz '24, President of the Council.

The seven Juniors and three Sophomores who will comprise the main body of the Council next year are as follows: Robert Gray Allen '26 of Andover; George Pierce Baker Jr. '25 of Cambridge; Benjamin Franklin Rice-Bassett '25 of New York City; Marion Adolphus Cheek '26 of Brookline; Gardner Cowles Jr. '25 of Dee Moines, Iowa; Henry Traugott Dunker '25 of Davenport, Iowa; Malcolm Whelen Greenough '25 of Boston; Philip Hunter Robb '25 of Boston; Philip Spalding of Milton; Channing McGregory Wells '26 of Southbridge.

Sophomores Outvote Juniors

Schwarz, in commenting on the results of the election, expressed considerable satisfaction in the numbers who had taken the trouble to vote for Council members. Half of the Juniors and 60 per cent of the Sophomores had sent in their postal ballots by yesterday noon.

The size of the Student Council will be reduced considerably next year. Formerly there were 35 members, but be- cause such a large number made the body unwieldly, it was decoded to change the membership to, 15, of whom ten are to be Seniors and five Juniors. Next year, those who have been elected by popular vote will chose the five other members, three from the class of 1925, and two from the class of 1926.

The summary of the reaults of the election follows:

JUNIORS (FIRST 7 ELECTED)H. T. Dunker  230P. H. Robb  206M. W. Greenough  187B. F. Rice-Bassett  181Philip Spalding  181G. P. Baker Jr.  154Gardner Cowles Jr.  152Alden Briggs  150E. M. Beals  144P. H. Theopold  127S. B. Kelley  123E. G. Lowry Jr.  122Philip Walker  119Brooks Whitehouse  102H. P. Curtis  76322 ballots  225416 cast out  112338 ballots  236