CRIMSON LEAVES YALE GOLFERS IN THE ROUGH

Eli University and Freshman Squads Fall by 5-4 Scores-Six Matches Go to 19 or More Holes

Two Crimson golf teams came into their own yesterday when the University and Freshman golfers wound up undefeated seasons by defeating Yale, each team winning 5 to 4. The university contest produced some of the best golf of the season, four of the matches going to 19 holes. The achievement of J. J. Mapes '25 in defeating Bowles, the Blue leader, with Clark Hodder's play in extending Cummings, the intercollegiate champion, to an extra-hole match, stood out as the best performances of the afternoon.

The 1927 victory in the first Yale-Harvard Freshman match in years, was marked by the play of Stimpson in defeating the Yale leader. Vogel, in trimming Shurman on the nineteenth green, saved the day for the Crimson.

The University summary: Cummings (Y) defeated Hodder (H), 1 up (19 holes); Mapes (H), defeated Bowles (Y), 6 and 4; Wattles (Y) defeated Pierson (H), 1 up (19 holes); Clough (H) defeated Hodgman (Y), 4 and 3; Flynn (Y) defeated Soule (H), 1 up (19 holes); Parker (H) defeated Biscoe (Y), 4 and 3; Cummings and Bowles (Y) defeated Hodder and Mapes (H), 6 and 4; Pierson and Clough (H) defeated Wattles and Hodgman (Y), 2 up; Soule and Parker (H) defeated Flynn and Biscoe (Y), 1 up (19 holes).