CLAIMS FUTURE TEACHERS SHOULD TAKE COURSE HERE

President of Springfield College Says Graduate School of Education Fits for Instruction in Largest Sense

Voicing his unqualified approval of the work of the Harvard Graduate School of Education and declaring that a man who has had the opportunity to supplement college work with study in graduate schools is fitted to be an educator in the largest sense, L. L. Doggett, President of Springfield Y. M. C. A. College, when interviewed by a CRIMSON reporter, was enthusiastic in his praise of the work being accomplished by the school of which Dean Holmes is the head.

"I was present at the opening exercises of the Harvard Graduate School of Education," he declared, "and have been exceedingly interested in its progress. An increasingly large percentage of our graduates are coming to Cambridge, and I learn from them that they are much pleased with the opportunities offered at Harvard.

"You can readily see," he continued, "that a college course such as we offer, with study in physical education combined with work of a higher academic nature, will be greatly enhanced by courses it is possible to secure at Harvard. Such work fits a man to be an educator in the broadest sense.

"The calling of a man who chooses physical education for a career should be regarded as that of an educator in the highest sense of the term, although other methods than those of the classroom are employed to put the idea across. The training a student receives in the graduate school is an integral part of his education, and helps him to formulate high ideals of physical education, without which it cannot occupy a useful place in the life of the modern community.