POLO TEAM DRAWS STIFF OPPOSITION IN NEW YORK

CRIMSON MAY OPPOSE PRINCETON IN SEMI-FINALS

The University polo team will leave this afternoon for New York, where it will engage the horsemen from Virginia Military Institute tomorrow afternoon, in its first match of the Outdoor Intercollegiates at Fort Hamilton.

In drawing the poloists from the Virginia College, the University will be tested severely, since the southern riders have been enjoying outdoor practice for some time. The University polo players have been considerably handicapped by the lateness of commencing outdoor play, but Captain F. S. Clark of the Military Science Department expects his charges to perform creditably.

An encouraging feature since play began at Dedhsun, has been the showing of two Freshmen, J. W. Tufts, and R. A. Pinkerton, who have earned regular hearths on the team, and will start the game against V. M. I. The other members of the team are F. D. Stranahan Jr. '26, and Captain G. F. Kent Jr. '25, J. H. G. Pell '26, and R. T. Bunker '24 will go alone as substitutes.

Should the University be victorious in its match with V. M. I. tomorrow, it will probably meet Princeton, as the winner of the Princeton-Norwich contest, in the semi-finals on May 13. During the spring vacation, the Tigers trimmed the Harvard poloists at Pinehurst, but there has been a noticeable improvement in team play since that time, and a reversal of the previous verdict would not be surprising.