BASEBALL NINE WILL CLASH WITH BOWDOIN

Samborski Wins Backstop Assignment--Norris to Take Campbell's Place at First Base--Jenkins in Line-Up

A team that has shown an aptitude for winning slow, listless games with a final punch in the closing minutes, and for losing well-played games by scores too large to show its true strength, will be seen on Soldiers Field at 4 o'clock this afternoon when Bowdoin stages the third Maine invasion of the year. Bates was the first to attack the Crimson on the University diamond, losing 11 to 8. The University of Maine followed and lost on Saturday by a one-run margin. The most formidable of the trio is to appear this afternoon and, while the Crimson has the edge in comparative scores, it is possible that the Brunswick nine may upset the dope.

Lost to Georgetown by 26 to 1 Score

A 26 to 1 defeat at the hands of Georgetown compares unfavorably even with the 8 to 4 set-back the Southerners handed to the Crimson. The Bowdoin nine split even with the Bates outfit, losing a well-played game, 3 to 2, and winning a heavy batting orgy, 10 to 9. The last game was with Colby, another slug fest with four runs in the ninth giving the Bowdoin team a 12 to 16 win.

Captain Johnson is Clean-up Batter

Captain Johnson who is perhaps the leading hurler and batter on the Brunswick team, will hold down the shortstop position this afternoon. Two two-baggers and a triple made up his share in the Colby game and he will bat in the clean-up position. Robinson is just rounding into shape after a bad start this year. He is credited with the recent win over Bates and will try his offerings on the University nine this afternoon.

Norris to Take Campbell's Place

Divisionals will again prevent Coach Slattery from using his regular line-up. Campbell will be replaced for the afternoon by Norris, the pitcher-infielder Samborski's crucial triple on Monday has won him the backstop position this afternoon in Cheek's absence. The outfield shift inaugurated on Monday worked so well that it will probably be permanent and A. G. Rogers will be in charge of center field. Captain Jenkins, with no divisionals, will be back at short again.

Brown to Get Pitching Assignment

Brown, the star south fair, will have his second taste of Maine batting today. His wildness in the Bates game almost threw away the verdict, but the manner in which he finished up the Cornell game augurs well for this afternoon. Toulmin may be Coach Shattery's last minute choice for mound duty and in any case he will be the first relief pitcher.