Events of Commencement Week Will Crowd Close Upon One Another

With the baccalaureate service and sermon by President Lowell next Sunday afternoon at 4 o'clock, the schedule of events for Commencement Week will begin. An almost continuous round of events will continue throughout the week closing with the University boat race with Yale at New London.

The complete schedule for Class Day and Commencement week is printed below for the convenience of those attending the exercises:

SUNDAY, JUNE 15.

4 P. M.--Appleton Chapel, Baccalaureate Service: Sermon by President Lowell; singing of Class Hymn, words by Oliver LaFarge '24, of New York City.

4.45-6--President Lowell's reception to Senior Class at his residence, 17 Quincy street.

6.-6.30.--President Lowell's reception to the Class of 1899 and wives and children of members.

MONDAY, JUNE 16.

8 P. M.--Memorial Hall, Senior Spread and Dance.

TUESDAY, JUNE 19.

Class Day

9 A. M.--Senior Class chapel service, Appleton Chapel; address by Dr. Francis G. Peabody '69.

11 A. M.--Sanders Theatre exercises: prayer by Dean Willard L. Sperry; oration by Charlton MacVeagh '24, of Washington, D. C.; poem by Oliver LaFarge '24, of New York City; ode by Richard D. Gerould '24, of Cambridge; Chorister, R. P. Bullard '25, of Melrose Highlands.

3.30 P. M.--Tree Exercises (for Seniors only): tree orator, A. C. Bickford '24, of Pelham Manor, N. Y.

4 P. M.--Stadium exercises: ivy oration by Frederick H. Nichols '24, of New York City; cheering; singing by the Glee Club; presentation of Class Banner to 1927; singing of "Fair Harvard"; confetti battle.

8-11.--Dancing in Gymnasium and Memorial Hall.

9 P. M.--Singing by Glee Club on steps of Widener.

3.30.--New Haven--Yale-Harvard baseball game.

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 18.

11.30 A. M.--Annual meeting of the Harvard Law School Association, Langdell, Hall.

3.30 P. M.--Cambridge, Yale-Harvard baseball game.

THURSDAY, JUNE 19.

Commencement Day

9.45 A. M.--Commencement procession forms.

10 A. M.--Commencement exercises in Sever Quadrangle, or, in case of rain, in Sanders Theatre; Commencement Part in Latin by Frederick LaM. Santee '24, of Wapwallopen, Pa.; Commencement Parts in English by Nelson H. Smith 4G, of Cambridge, and Weston G. Thomas 4E.S., of Middletown, Ohio; conferring of degrees, in course and honorary.

12-1.30--Alumni Spread in the Yard.

1.30 P. M.--Procession of Alumni to Alumni Exercises.

2 P. M.--Alumni Exercises, Sever Quadrangle, or in case of rain Sanders Theatre. Justice Edward T. Sanford '85, president of the Alumni Association, presiding.

10 A. M. 3 P. M.--Election of Overseers of the University and directors of the Alumni Association. Polls open at Harvard Hall for those who have not voted by postal ballot. Candidates for the Board of Overseers, five to be elected, are as follows:

Charles Moore '78, of Washington, D. C., author and editor, chairman of the National Commission of Fine Arts created in 1910 by President Taft.

Judge Willam S. Andrews '08, of Syracuse and Albany, N. Y., Judge of the Court of Appeals of the State of New York.

Howard Elliott '81, C.E., of New York City, chairman, Northern Pacific Railway Company, and former Harvard Overseer, as well as president of the Harvard Alumni Association.

Dr. Percival J. Eaton '83, of Pittsburgh, physician and former president of the Associated Harvard Clubs.

George R. Agassiz '84, of Newport, R. I., and Boston, trustee, and writer on scientific subjects, grandson of Louis Agassiz.

Roland W. Boyden '85, of Beverly and Boston, lawyer, and recently unofficial delegate to the Reparations Commission in Paris.

Judge Frederick P. Cabot '90, of Boston, lawyer and trustee, justice since 1916 of the Boston Juvenile Court, and president of the Boston Symphony Orchestra.

Bishop Charles L. Slattery '91, of Boston, since 1922 Bishop Coadjutor of Massachusetts in the Episcopal Church, member of the Board of Preachers of Harvard, and a trustee of Wellesley college.

Alexander M. White '92, of New York City, agriculturalist and trustee, formerly treasurer of the Republican City and State Committees and special deputy commissioner in the New York Police Department under Arthur Woods.

Frederick R. Martin '93, of New York City, journalist, general manager of the Associated Press, and formerly vice-president of the Harvard Alumni Association.

George T. Moore '95, of Saint Louis, biologist, Director of the Missouri Botanical Garden and professor of botany at Washington University, and president of the Saint Louis Academy of Science.

Evan Hollister '97, of Buffalo, N. Y., lawyer and former president of the Harvard Club of Buffalo.

George A. Morison '00, of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, manufacturer, sales manager, secretary, and director of the Bucyrus Company, former president of the Harvard Club of Milwaukee, and secretary of the Associated Harvard Clubs.

Joseph G. Bradley '02, of Dundon, West Virginia, lawyer and coal operator, president of the West Virginia Coal Operator Association, and the National Coal Association, and since its foundation, of the Harvard Club of West Virginia.

Charles E. Perkins '04, of Burlington, Iowa, banker and railway executive, chairman of the First Iowa Trust & Savings Bank.

Chester C. Bolton '05, of Cleveland, Ohio, manufacturer, and State Senator, formerly president of the Harvard Club of Cleveland, and secretary of the Associated Harvard Clubs.

Rupert E. L. Kittredge, '07, of Toronto, Canada, educator, head of the French Department and Librarian of the College Library at Trinity College, University of Toronto, also a vice-president of the Associated Harvard Clubs.

Candidates for directors of the Alumni Association, three to be elected, are as follows:

Roswell P. Angler '97, of New Haven, Conn., Dean of Freshmen at Yale University and professor of psychology; George F. Baker Jr. '99, of New York City, capitalist; Edward Mallnckrodit '00, of St. Louis, chemist and manufacturer; Edward A. Taft '04, of Boston, lawyer; Harold W. Nichols '07, of Cincinnati, Ohio, manufacturer; Charles Wiggins 2d '08, of Dedham, headmaster of the Noble and Greenough School; William G. Wendell '09, of New York City, banker; William T. Gardiner '14, of Augusta, Maine, lawyer and member of Maine State House of Representatives; Henry S. Middendorf '16, of Baltimore, Md., investment banker.

FRIDAY, JUNE 20

Phi Beta Kappa Day

11.30 A. M.--Sanders Theatre: Annual meeting of the Harvard Chapter of Phi Beta Kappa; oration by Dr. Samuel Wesley Stratton, President of Massachusetts Institute of Technology; poem by Dr. Francis Greenwood Peabody '69, Plummer Professor of Christian Morals, Emeritus. Judge Robert Grant '73, of Boston, president of the Harvard Chapter, will preside, Rev. Paul Revere Frothingham '86, will be chaplain.

Boat Races At New London

10 A. M.--Freshman Eights, 2 miles upstream, beginning below Navy Yard.

11 A. M.--University Second Eights, same course as above.

4 P. M.--University Eights, four miles downstream, finishing at railroad bridge, wind and weather permitting.

7.30 P. M.--University Eights, four miles upstream in case 4 o'clock race is postponed.