DEANS MURDOCK AND LITTLE LEAVE POSTS

Allen Comes as Zoology Lecturer--Rich Gives Transportation Course--Half Year in France for Wheeler

Assistant Deans Kenneth B. Murdock '16 and David M. Little Jr. '18 are leaving the Dean's office at the close of the present year to devote their time to study and teaching, the University announced yesterday. Dr. Murdock has been an assistant dean since 1918 and is at present in charge of the classes of 1924 and 1925, while Dean Little has spent two years as dean of the present Sophomore Class.

Whitney Has Been In Europe

Replacing them will be Lawrence S. Mayo '10, who was assistant dean in the college from 1916 to 1919 and Edward A. Whitney '17, assistant dean from 1921 to 1923, curator of the World War Collection in the College Library, Tutor in History and Literature, and last year Secretary of the Committee on the Choice of Electives. Mr. Whitney has been abroad as a travelling fellow this year carrying on his studies in England, France, and Italy.

Bird and Mammal Expert Comes

Several other changes in the faculty were also announced. As lecturer on zoology next year comes Dr. Glover M. Allen '01, authority on the biology of mammals and birds, who has been secretary and librarian of the Boston Society of Natural History since 1901. He secured his doctor's degree in 1904, and has been on expeditions to the Bahama Islands, British East Africa, British, West Indies, and the Sudan.

In the Graduate School of Business Administration Edgar J. Rich '87 of Winchester, is to be lecturer on Transportation. Mr. Rich was attorney and general solicitor of the Boston and Maine railroad, and since 1915, in general practice, as counsel for various railways, has made a specialty of interstate commerce law, on which since 1908 he has been lecturing at Harvard.

Dr. William M. Wheeler L'02, professor of economic entomology since 1908 and Dean of the Faculty of the Bussey Institution has been named as exchange professor to France for the second half of next year.