NINE '24 MEN RECEIVE RESERVE COMMISSIONS

COLONEL BROWNING AND CAPTAIN PERRY OFFICIATE

A simple but impressive ceremony will take place in Wadsworth House at 1.30 o'clock today, when Lieutenant Colonel William S. Browning on behalf of the War Department, will award reserve commissions to nine members of the Class of 1924 and certificates of eligibility to eight other men. The new officers will be sworn in by Captain Ralph B. Perry.

Commissions as second lieutenants of Field Artillery, Officers' Reserve Corps, will be awarded to the following: Thomas Elias Armstrong, of Denver, Colo.; Lawrence Soule Apsey, of Cambridge; Horace Lane Arnold, of Brookline; Walter Ray Baylies, of Boston; Wesley Meredith Behrens, of Brooklyn, N. Y.; Richard Foster Howard, of Cambridge; John Casimir Mrowca, of Taylor, Pa.; William Joseph Will O'Hearn, of Roxbury, and William Morris Rosenbaum of Woodmere, L. I. N. Y.

Eight Eligibility Certificates

Certificates of eligibility will be awarded to: James Lloyd Berrall '24, of Washington, D. C.; Albert Francis Birch 4E.S., of Chevy Chase, Md.; Christopher Paul Conlin '24, of Sharon; Roland Fleer '24, of Narberth, pa.; Charles Harold Gushee '24, of Dorchester; Robert Martin Morrison '24, of Roxbury; Richard Meade Owens 3E.S., of Augusta, Pa.: and Francis Russell Sweeney '25 of Dorchester.

All of those men have satisfactorily concluded the four year course in Military Science and Tactics offered jointly by the War Department and the University through the Harvard unit of the Reserve Officers Training Corps. Those who will receive certificates will be able to exchange these for commissions, as soon as they reach their twenty-first birthday.

Camp Requirement Delays Seven

The following, seven men have completed their requirements except for the summer camp. They will be awarded their commissions at the conclusion of the training period at Camp Devens on July 26. These men are: George Upham Baylies '25 of Boston: Raymond Thayer Bunker '24, of Wellesley Hills: Clark Cummings Curtis '25, of Roxbury: John Gardiner Flint '24, of Walpole, N. H.; Julien Donald Hills '24, of Clarion, la.; Allen Edward Norman '24, of Van Buren, Ark.; and Richard Leland Thompson '24, of Bellows Falls, Vt.