Organize Waiters' Crew at Red Top--Coach Newell Will Hold Secret and Occasional Practice for Race With Yale

The Crimson's Waiters crew at Red Top has again been organized. Furthermore the final arrangements have been made with Yale to have the race any time in the future provided the Yale management gives the University a two days' notice to get in condition.

The respective management had great difficulty over one point. Yale men were anxious for a quarter mile race but the Crimson boosters held their own and the race will therefore be rowed over the half-mile distance again.

Yale's contention for the shorter distance may be explained by her defeat last year in which the crack University crew, stroked by motorboatman Loring raced across the half-mile finish line three lengths ahead (scoring like white men and not like the Crimson-Lampoon game) of the Eli boat after rowing at the low stroke of 44 throughout the entire distance. Yale's boat was stroked by Coach Murphy.

Yesterday the Crimson Waiters' eight took to the water for the first time. The boat neither sank nor over turned although some of the oarsmen did not rise to expectations. A spectator was heard to assert that "Jim" Combs was a better football end than an oarsman. However, the University should be well represented, for of the 18 eligible men, including, managers and retainers. Richard Trimble Jr. '26 who captained last year's Crimson eight, should be a winning factor.

Coach Newell, who is coaching the eight, states that the practice will be occasional and secret and expects that it will be the intense period of conditioning without training rules which will win for Harvard.