CRIMSON CANDIDATES TO TURN OUT TONIGHT

ALL FOUR COMPETITIONS WILL END DECEMBER 1

The CRIMSON will open its doors tonight to candidates for all four departments of the paper. At the conclusion of the competition which will be launched at that time, from seven to 12 men will be elected as editors.

The assembled candidates will be addressed briefly by the president in the Crimson Building at 7 o'clock, at the conclusion of which the candidates will receive instruction from the department heads on the nature of the work expected of them in the competition.

Attendance at the candidates' meeting this evening does not obligate any student to compete in the competition, and all who are interested whether they have definitely decided to enter or not, are invited to come to the building and listen to the explanation of the work.

Editorial Jobs for Juniors Only

The news, business, and photographic competitions are open only to Sophomores, and none but Juniors may enter that for editorial writers.

All four competitions will last approximately 11 weeks; terminating in the neighborhood of December 10. At that time the successful candidates will be initiated to the Crimson board.

Although it has been apparent that most candidates come out for the CRIMSON because it is the undergraduate activity which appeals to them most, editors of the paper feel unanimously that the experience and information acquired through connection with the paper is also of great permanent value.

All departments of the CRIMSON offer editors opportunities for promotion, and the higher offices afford valuable executive training. Work in each department also provides candidates with a chance to improve their ability in writing, photography, or business. In the department last named candidates will make numerous acquaintances with Boston and New York advertisers which should prove profitable if they later intend to engage in business near those cities.

In the photographic department candidates will acquire familiarity with the technique of dark room work, no experience in that field being necessary at the start.