LA FOLLETTE CLUB ORGANIZES TONIGHT

Radicals One Night Ahead of Democrats in Organization Meeting--Davis Men Will Start Tomorrow

The first gun of the political campaign in the University will be fired this evening by the La Follette-Wheeler faction, which will hold a public organization meeting in the Faculty Room of the Union at 8 o'clock. Not to be outdone, the Democrats have announced their own organization meeting for tomorrow evening and a rally for Freshmen on Wednesday. A similar announcement from the Republicans is expected shortly.

"Why a New Party?" is, Subject

"Why a New Party?" will be the subject of the address by Professor C. R. Skinner, G. '17, before the La Follette adherents tonight. Professor Skinner is one of the presidential electors for La Follette and has long been a staunch supporter of Senator La Follette and his cause. He is professor of Sociology at Tufts University and Chairman of the League for Democratic Control. He is director of the National Economics League, Massachusetts branch, an ordained minister of the Universalist Church. He took the degree M.A. from St. Lawrence University in 1904, and is a member of the Phi Beta Kappa Society.

Club Will Pick Officers

The meeting will begin with the organization of the club and the election of permanent officers, in whose favor G. E. Brown 3L, and J. H. Weiss '25, the present temporary officers, will retire.

Chief amongst the club's business to be undertaken by the meeting will be the letter from the Harvard Democratic Club urging that the Progressives join the Democrats in a unified effort to defeat Coolidge by backing John W. Davis whom the letter extols as "a true progressive."

Will Hold Meetings Weekly

Professor Skinner is the first of a series of speakers planned for the Harvard La Follette-Wheeler Club meetings which are to be held weekly until the end of the Campaign. It is hoped by the leaders of the club that La Follette himself will be able to speak at the Union on his New England tour.

Tonight's meeting is open to all members of the University regardless of political creed.