YALE GETS DECISIVE WIN OVER TIGER SIX

Game Promises to be Bitter Battle--Scott and Captain Jenkins Yale Stars--Princeton Unimpressive

In defeating the Tiger sextet by the decisive score of 4 to 0 Saturday, the Yale hockey team demonstrated that early season predictions concerning its strength were not exaggerated. Hockey experts who saw the game predict that the University six will have to be at the top of its form next Saturday night in order to outscore the New Haven skaters.

Scott Brilliant on Offense

Scott, of football fame, was the particular star of the Eli attack. He caged two goals, and with Lindley, was largely responsible for the vim, and dash displayed by the Yale team.

Captain Jenkins at goal made many brilliant stops, and gave ample evidence why he is considered the best of American college goal guards. His uncanny ability to stop pucks in the air was largely responsible for the failure of the 1924 Crimson team to score more than one goal in two games last year.

Eli Sextet Made Up of Veterans

Every member of the Yale first sextet is a veteran from last year's championship squad. While the players have been handicapped by the burning of the New Haven rink, and the necessity of travelling to Princeton for their earlier practice sessions, the team has come along fast, and will be in excellent shape to battle the Crimson team in their first clash next Saturday.

While Princeton failed to show much against Yale on Saturday, the Tiger skaters can not be counted out of the competition yet. Captain Stout is one of the best skaters in college hockey, and he has an exceptionally hard shot. An injury received early in the Yale game, when he slid head first into the rink boards, necessitated his removal, and with him went the last vestige of the Princeton team play. This weakness in team play was the most apparent fault of the Nassau sextet.

There is no game scheduled for the Crimson team until the Yale clash next Saturday evening at the Arena. Coach Bigelow will continue the process of welding his first combination into the formidable team it gives promise of being, and of strengthening the play of the defense. The return of Chase is expected to bolster up the team in this respect.