Search for "Mem" Diners Finds Them at "Splendid"--The Newest Square Restaurant Acquires Clientele of Oldest

Where are the 300 odd undergraduates taking their meals since they have been deprived of their regular eating place with the closing of Memorial Hall last Saturday evening?

This question has puzzled restaurant managers all over the Square this week. They have watched confidently for a large increase in the number of their customers. But none has come.

"Jimmie's" told a CRIMSON reporter that they had noticed no increase at all. At John's, an attendant said, "No, here haven't been any more men eating here than usual. But," he added, "we didn't really expect an increase because we're rather out of the way, and we have a regular group of customers that changes very little from year to year."

At Dazen's the tale of woe reached its climax. "Not only have we not had any more men than usual," said Joe, a clerk "but there has been a decided decrease. Yes, that is absolutely so. We have had between 25 and 50 men a day less than usual. I'm sure I don't know where they all eat, if they eat at all, which seems doubtful. "No wonder," he added with a laugh, "no wonder they couldn't make Memorial Hall pay.

At the Georgian Cafeteria, the manager was not quite so disappointed. "Yes," he said, "we have had an increase this week, but it is very small probably much less than 50 men a day."

The question was still unanswered when the CRIMSON reporter entered the Splendid. "We have had a 20 percent increase in our average of daily customers since Memorial closed," the manager said. "This means that well over 300 students have turned to our restaurant now that they have been deprived of the privilege of eating at Memorial Hall." The most recent restaurant in the Square has taken the clientele of the most ancient. The "Splendid" has succeeded Memorial