TUITION FEE RAISED FOR NEW STUDENTS

Dental School Lowers Entrance Requirement From an A.B. or S. B. Degree to Two Years as Undergraduate

For all new students in the College, Engineering School, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, and Law School, a $50 increase in the tuition fee will be levied beginning in the year 1925-26. Such is the announcement made yesterday by the College Office. All men now in these schools will not be subject to the increase, as those who heard the rumor last night seemed to believe.

The University Dental School has announced an increase of $20, bringing the fee up to $250, while the other schools, excepting the Law School, will receive $300. The Law School's tuition will be $250. More interesting than the raising of the fee by the Dental School is its announcement that hereafter a two-year term in college will be sufficient to secure admittance to the school. This replaces the old ruling that a man must have an A.B. or S.B. degree to secure admittance. The four-year course will not be changed.

Increase Provides $100,000 Next Year

The increase will provide the University with a large sum of money annually. The maximum will obviously not be realized in 1925-26, but with 1,000 Freshmen entering next fall and about 1,000 new students entering the graduate schools, the University ought to realize an increase neighboring in the amount of $100,000, while three years after, when all students are paying the increased rate, $250,000 will be brought in annually above the amount now received.

Future Harvard students who work their way through college need not fear that they will lost by the new tuition fee for the faculty made the following interesting provision: All Scholarships and fellowships awarded to students paying the increased fee in Harvard College, the Engineering School, and the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences and paid from funds in the hands of the University are to be increased $50 each.

The increase is the second in four years. In 1920-21, the College tuition fee was $200.