HIGH HONOR AT STAKE IN AMES FINAL TONIGHT

GRESSER AND BERGERMAN TO FACE MYERS AND WILLIAMS

The highest honor in the Law School will be at stake this evening when the Scott Club and the Langdell-Marshall Club meet in the finals of the Ames competition. Tonight's case, the climax of a three year competition among the Law School Clubs will be tried before a bench of three justices in the center lecture room of Langdell Hall at 8 o'clock.

The judges will be the Honorable William Renwick Biddell, Justice of the Supreme Court of Ontario, the Honorable Irving Lehman, Judge of the Court of Appeals of New York, and Honorable Augustus Noble Hand, Judge of the United States District Court, Southern District of New York. They will be called upon to render a decision on a case in equity concerning a loan granted by James R. Sexton, plaintiff, to Charles M. Morgan and Albert G. Fortune, defendants. The latter will be represented by J. S. Myers 3L. and C. C. Williams R.L., of the Langdell-Marshall Club, while William Gresser 3L. and Melbourne Bergerman 3L. will be the attorneys for the plaintiff. The plaintiff, Sexton, brought a bill for an accounting of money due on two mortgage debts against the defendants, Morgan and Fortune, on which they had defaulted. The properties sold were subject to four mortgages, no two of which covered identical security. Though adequate at the time the liens were created, the security is now sufficient to satisfy but a part of them. The fund must be distributed in such a manner that the securities of the subsequent line-holders are preserved to the greatest possible extent.

Case Open to Members of University

This case, which is open for attendance to all members of the University, is the climax of a three-year competition between the various clubs, or discussion groups, in the Law School. At the end of the first year, in which the clubs hold discussions and argue cases among themselves, about 25 clubs are chosen to compete against each other during the second year. When the second year competition has been completed the four clubs with the highest percentage of victories are chosen to take part in the semi-finals in the third year. The two winners of these semi-finals then compete for the prize, which consists of a trophy for each of the winning students, as well as a cash prize varying in amount. Thus the two teams which will compete tonight have survived a gruelling series of elimination arguments.