YALE INVASION OF ARENA TOMORROW

Beals, Austin, and Hodder Make Best Combination in Years--Blue Stronger in Substitute Material

The Yale hockey squad, with eight victories and no defeats to its credit at present, will come to Boston tomorrow for its first game with the Crimson sextet at the Arena tomorrow night.

Although hampered by the lack of a place to practice this year, the Eli stickmen have preformed impressively in all their contests, their crowning achievement being a 4-0 win over the Princeton skaters last Saturday.

Among the Yale victims have been the strong Queens College sextet, Williams, and Massachusetts Agricultural College. The latter team was defeated 11 to 1 on Wednesday, that game marking the last clash for the Blue before the Harvard game.

Lindley Will Be Absent From Line-up

In the Tiger contest, A. D. Lindley, who for two years has stroked championship Yale crews, and who plays left wing on the hockey team, broke a small bone in his hand. The injury was not discovered until Monday. According to the Yale News, he will not play against Harvard tomorrow.

H. C. Scott, and H. F. Turnbull have been two of the most brilliant performers for the Blue this year. Scott is very aggressive, and possesses an accurate and a hard shot. F. A. Potts and P. D. Sargent constitute a strong defense. Captain Jenkins at the net is probably the premier goal guard in American colleges. To date Yale has scored 38 goals to her opponents 9.

Harvard's Record Unimpressive

Harvard's record is not so impressive as that of Yale. In the five games played thus far, the Crimson has won three. Two club teams succeeded in downing the University stickmen, when the Boston Hockey Club, and the B. A. A. turned in 3 to 1 and 6 to 5 victories respectively. The best performance of the Harvard skaters was a 4 to 2 win over the University of Toronto during the Christmas vacation.

The Crimson forward line, consisting of Captain Beals, Austin, and Hodder, is the best that Harvard has had in years. Austin leads the team in scoring, and Beals continues to show the way as the speed merchant of college hockey, Hodder has been suffering from an injured nose, but expects to play tomorrow night. His stickwork and checking are features of a strong all around game.

Regulars' Absence Handicaps Defense

The defense has been handicapped by the failure of P. W. Chase, and J. M. Hammond to play thus far. Chase broke his ankle playing football, and although he has been skating during the past two weeks, it is doubtful whether he will see service tomorrow night. Ellison and Pratt have been playing particularly well, and the Crimson is by no means lacking in defensive strength.

The fight for the goal position continues to be a keen battle between Cumings and Newell, with the former having a slight edge by virtue of a faultless game against the Toronto team.

In reserve strength, Yale seems to have a slight edge on the Crimson. Zarakov's football injury has prevented him from equalling his Freshman performances, and the lack of coordination among the substitutes becomes apparent in comparison to the accurate passing of the first string forward line. Willard Howard at defense is developing fast, and is one of the most likely of the Crimson reserves. Yale's second line is practically as good as the first, and the same is true for the reserve defense men. J. M. Frey who distinguished himself on his Freshman team last year, is the most capable substitute in the forward line.