COLUMBIA FIVE NOT UP TO PAST RECORD

Wachter Plans to Start Old Line-Up but to Make Several Changer if It Fails to Show Power in First Period

The Crimson offense which has been slow to develop this season will have to improve materially tonight if the University quintet is to stretch its winning streak to three straight. Columbia, which will invade Hemenway Gymnasium at 8 o'clock will bring it by far the most serious opposition so far this season.

The Blue and White five will come tonight rated below the average of Columbia teams. Its record so far this season is not as impressive as usual, defeats by Maryland, West Point and Annapolls, culminating in the 31 to 15 massacre inflicted by the redoubtable Green at Hanover on Saturday night. Pennsylvania, N. Y. U., and Wesleyan are numbered among the teams it has defeated, but failure to show coordinated team work has slowed up the team's development.

Although it seems to itself no disgrace to how to the Dartmouth quintet this year, nevertheless the game on Saturday night, combined with the two-day trip and the fact that the Crimson court is smaller than those of teams in the Intercollegiate League should be anything but a help to the New Yorkers. Laub is the star of the visiting five, sharing with Dockrell, a substitute, the Columbia honors in Saturday's game.

Coach, Wachter's dissatisfaction with the Crimson showing against Middlebury may result in a shake-up tonight. Rauh's showing at center may give him a chance at the tap-off position, with Leekley moved to forward to strengthen the attack. This change is not likely to be seen in the starting line-up, however, as Coach Wachter still hopes to see the regular five regain the form it showed in practice before the season started. HARVARD  COLUMBIA Smith r.f.  l.g. Donaldson Jones l.f.  r.g. Wilson Leekley c.  c. Manheim Samborski l.g.  l.f. Baldwin Malick l.g.  r.f. Laub