FRESHMAN FIVE THRASH MILTON ACADEMY 28-16

THIRD CONTEST LEAVES TEAM STILL UNDEFEATED

Playing on a strange court, the Freshman basketball five won its third straight victory yesterday, defeating Milton Academy 28-16. Despite the fact that they missed a number of easy shots, the first year five managed to cage the ball often enough to keep ahead of the Milton quintet, which was unable to penetrate their defense.

For the Freshmen Oothout was the high scorer, making four goals from the field despite the fact that he played guard throughout the entire game. His good work under the basket prevented many Milton scores. Baldwin, the newly elected captain of the team, and the aggressive left forward, got three baskets in the first half of the game. Green, at center, also played a good game.

After his men had piled up a lead of 16-8 in the first half, Coach Drohan sent in the second team for the last period, and they succeeded in adding 12 more points, while Milton scored eight. Fordyce at Guard and Cozzens and Pusey at the forward positions were the outstanding players among the substitutes.

At the close of the game John Walter Baldwin, of Hempstead, N. Y., was elected captain of the 1928 basketball five. Baldwin prepared at the Polytechnic Preparatory School, where he was a regular player on the school team. He has been playing a consistently good game at forward on the Freshman team. In the three games so far this year he has been the acting captain.

At the same time the basketball management announced the appointment of Dudley Colon, of Chicago, Ill., as manager of the Freshman team. Edward Francis Blettner Jr., of Chicago, Ill., was chosen assistant manager. Both Colon and Blettner prepared at the Nicholas Senn High School, Chicago. The appointments are made after an eight weeks' competition and are subject to the approval of the Athletic Committee. HARVARD  MILTON Slocum, Cozzcns r.f.  l.g. Hubbard, Vorn Baldwin (capt.,), Pusey l.f.  r.g. Hitch Green, McCurdy, Lane c.  c. Filoom, Upton Barbee, Oothout r.g.  l.g. Vaughan, Ticknor Oothout, Meisenbach, Fordyce l.g.  r.f. Valentine (capt.), Filoom

Score, Harvard 1928 28, Milton 16. Goals from the floor, Oothout 4, Meisenbach 3, Baldwin 3. Green 2, Slocum, Ticknor 2. Filoom 2. Goals from foul; Oothout, Slocum, Filoom 3, Vaughan 2, Ticknor, Upton, Hitch.