FRESHMAN HOCKEY TEAM TO MEET MILTON SEXTET

THREE MILTON GRADUATES WILL PLAY AGAINST ACADEMY TEAM

With three Milton graduates in the line-up, the 1928 hockey team will meet the Milton Academy sextet on the schoolboys' rink this afternoon at 2.30 o'clock. Saltonstall, Chase, and Garrison are the Crimson skaters who will oppose their preparatory school team today.

This will be the initial outdoor contest for Coach Dempsey's first-year stickmen, and the third game of the season. Cushing Academy was defeated in a listless encounter 13 to 1 in the season opener on January 14, and a strong Kent School sextet was outplayed last Saturday 5 to 2. The 1928 forward line compares very favorably with that of the championship 1927 sextet and the defense has proved very powerful. Both Adams and Morrill have shown themselves capable of handling the goal guard assignment. It is chiefly in reserve material that the 1928 team compares unfavorably with the 1927 outfit.

Milton usually has a strong hockey team, and will probably give the Freshmen a hard battle. The schoolboys' sextet this year is composed in the main of inexperienced men, although Putnam at center is one of the best players to wear the Academy colors in recent years. The Freshmen have been playing on indoor ice a considerable part of the time during the past two weeks, but they are not expected to be severely handicapped in the game this afternoon.