CRIMSON OFFERS 1928 FIRST OPPORTUNITY

News, Business and Photographic Department Open to Freshmen--Editorial Department to Juniors

The CRIMSON will offer to Freshmen their first opportunity to make the staffs of the news, photographic, and business departments and to Juniors their last chance to make the editorial board when new competitions start on February 12 at a meeting in the Crimson Building at 7 o'clock.

The competition for the news department is for Freshmen and will last 11 weeks. The work will consist mainly of gathering and writing news. This competition enables the 1928 men to become acquainted with members of the faculty and upperclassmen of influence.

Photo Candidates Need No Experience

The Freshman competition for the photographic department will also last 11 weeks. Candidates in this competition need not have: had any previous experience nor is it necessary for them to furnish their own cameras. Men with no knowledge of photography will receive instruction and so will be at no disadvantage.

The business competition for the 1928 men will be of the same duration as the others. The duties of candidates for this department consist of soliciting advertising and doing general work in the office.

The editorial competition will last 11 weeks and is open only to Juniors. In this competition the men's work will be only to write editorials. No previous experience is necessary. This will be the last CRIMSON competition open to the class of 1926.