FINDS REGISTER ANOTHER FEATHER IN COUNCIL CAP

REVIEWER PRAISES FIRST NUMBER UNDER CHANGED DIRECTION

The following review of the Register was written for the Crimson by J.W.D. Seymour '17, Secretary to the University for Information, and Secretary, for Alumni Affairs

The 300 odd page Register for the current year which has just appeared is one more feather in the cap of the present Student Council. The earlier publication of the volume adds greatly to its usefulness without sacrificing anything of content or treatment. It is an attractive and interesting book and one that is invaluable for anyone who wishes to keep pace with student activities in the University.

The value of such a compilation is determined primarily by three things; completeness, logical arrangement, and accuracy. In the first two respects the 1924-25 Register would seem to surpass all previous editions; accuracy can only be established by use and extended study of the material. Of course a snap and popular judgement is usually based on whether or not one's own name is correctly speeled, but to all appearances the new edition is as accurate as any such listing could be and a good deal more so than most.

A hasty glance suggests nothing as omitted that might be of interest. There are hordes of facts presented in an attractive way. There is no skimping of treatment or material. One thinks of nothing which conceivably would be needed in such a book that has been left out.

Club List Happy Innovation

In arrangement the book is sane and lends itself admirably to supplying any desired information about student affairs. A distinct and happy innovation is noticeable in the club list, which is now arranged alphabetically and not by the character of the individual club. Athletics are treated more than adequately and the directory of dormitories is of incalculable worth. Whereas in the past, the directory of students has been divided into graduate and undergraduate groups, this year there is one directory of members of the University and an index of college activities of undergraduates.

Best of all, however, it appears that where the information is found it is not to be exact and comprehensive. With the large amount of checking up that there is to be done in the getting out of such a book the Student Council and its editor. Herman E. Wiener '20, have done a remarkably good piece of work. There is small ground for criticism and everyone concerned should feel that he has a part in a really big artiste and practical success. Perhaps in the future there will be sufficient funds to allow the preparation of additional pictures.