RUSH FOR ADMISSION TO BUSINESS SCHOOL

Admission at Mid-Years Increases Capacity of School--Maintains 100 Percent Efficiency

Over 125 applications for admission to the Graduate School of Business Administration at mid-years have already been received, according to an announcement made last night. This is by far the largest number to apply since the inauguration two years ago of the arrangement making it possible to enter in the middle of the year.

The popularity of the plan has, in the opinion of the Business School authorities, more than justified the experiment. There is no doubt but that the scheme will be continued. In the words of a business school official, "It increases the capacity of our plant by 50 per cent, and yet maintains 100 per cent efficiency."

The arrangement calls for a duplication of the course of study so that men entering in February can take the same courses that are open to those entering in September and graduate in February two years after their entrance. The Business School is the only department of the University that encourages entrance at mid-years.

During the last few years there has been such a pressure for admission that the School has had to turn away hundreds from its doors. In 1923 only 332 out of 443 who applied were admitted, and this year only 300 were admitted from 617 applicants. The Baker gift has stimulated a tremendous interest in the school throughout the country, and the plan of mid-year entrance has done much to relieve the pressure on the school as it is now equipped.

A great advantage for students entering at mid-years is that such men have during their period of training two summers in which to obtain practical business experience. During these summer months they can gain familiarity with much of the routine and practical functions of their chosen branch of industry.

Applications for entrance next month are still open, and prospective students may communicate with the Secretary of the School for information or for application blanks.