CRIMSON TO TAKE THE ICE AGAINST B. A. A.

Substitutes Fail to Show Brilliant Form of Regulars--Early Comparison of Scores Boosts Harvard Stock

Tonight at 8.15 o'clock, the University hockey team will oppose the formidable B. A. A. sextet in the last encounter before the Yale contest on January 17. Coach Bigelow will start the same lineup which performed so well against the Boston Hockey Club and Toronto University.

Captain Beals will lead his team tonight from right wing, with Hodder and Austin completing the forward line. This combination has developed into one of the best passing lines to represent the Crimson in recent years, and will give the B. A. A. defense lots of worry tonight. Hodder clearly outplayed the brilliant Hudson of Toronto in the game on January 2, and is undoubtedly one of the leading college center ice men.

Chase May See Action

L. O. Pratt, and W. P. Ellison, who have been acquitting themselves so creditably at the defense positions, will start the game tonight. P. W. Chase and J. W. Hammond, veteran letter men from last year, have not played in any games thus far. While Hammond has not reported as yet, there is a possibility that Chase will see service tonight. Pratt has developed considerably this year, and has shown much ability in carrying the puck.

Thayer Cumings seems to have earned the call over J. L. Newell at goal after his brilliant performance against Toronto. Newell is expected to get in the game tonight, however.

Although the Crimson squad was expected to be well stocked with capable substitutes at the beginning of the season, this expectation has not materialized as yet. The concerted team play evidenced while the first forward line is in action, is totally lacking when the substitutes take the ice. Isadore Zarakov played for a few minutes against Toronto, but has been unable thus far to exhibit the brilliant form he displayed against the Yale Freshman last year.

While it is early, to take cognizance of comparative scores, the overwhelming defeat of Queens College by the Boston College team has given the Crimson stock a decided boost. Toronto, a team which Harvard defeated 2 to 1, conquered the B. C. sextet 4 to 2 Queens College lost two closely contested games to Yale in Pittsburgh during the Christmas vacation.