PLAN "HARVARD NIGHT" DURING OPERA SEASON

WILL GIVE "L'AMORE DEI TRE RE" BY MONTEMEZZI

The Chicago Civic Opera Company which is coming to Boston on January 26 for a two weeks stay at the Opera House, plans to make the evening of Thursday, February 5, "Harvard night", if a large enough number of men apply for seats to make the venture seem worth while, it was announced yesterday.

This is the first time that the Chicago Opera Company has offered to reserve a special night for members of the University, though Harvard nights have been held at some Symphony Hall Pop Concerts in the past with great success.

Give Opera by Montemezzi

The Opera which the company will render on February 5 is "L'Amore Dei Tre Re" by Italo Montemezzi, a brilliant young Italian who has been described as one of the foremost modern composers. The opera was given its first public performance in 1913 and has ever since remained a favorite with musical audiences. With a ruined medieval castle as the setting, it has an allegorical plot which is filled with beautiful singing.

Mary Garden to Sing

Mary Garden, who has sung with the Chicago Opera Company since 1910 will take part in this opera, in company with Fernard Ansseau, Georges Baklanoff, Virgilio Lazzari and others of lesser fame. Giorgio Polacco, formerly with the Metropolitan Opera Company, and now chief conductor of the Chicago Company will be the conductor for the evening.

Many Harvard Guarantors

The Opera Company is brought to Boston every year through the efforts of the Boston-Chicago Opera Association which consists of over 200 "guarantors". Included in this list are several prominent Harvard graduates, among whom are Robert F. Herrick '90, Mr. N. Penrose Hallowell '97, Mr. Edward Burlingame Hill '94, Mr. Alexander Whiteside '95, and many others.

The tickets are at the following prices; Orchestra, $6.50, $6.00, $5.00 and $4.00; Loges, $4.00, 4.00 and $2.00; First Balcony, $6.00, $5.00, $4.00, $3.00 and $2.50: Second Balcony, $3.00, $2.50 and $2.00. Applications may be made today and until further notice at the office of the Secretary in the Music Building from 9 until 12 o'clock.