DEUTSCHER VEREIN LAYS PLANS FOR BUSY SEASON

Gross Wood, Prothero, and Bailen Will Have Control Over Reorganized Club Under New Constitution

The new Deutscher Verein, reorganized in March of last year, in order to continue the work of the old society which went out of existence during the war, recently held its first executive meeting, in which activities for this year were planned.

As the old organization had disappeared together with all its records and minutes, an entirely new start was necessitated last spring. A new constitution was drawn up, officers were elected, and members enrolled.

This fall the organization will be under the leadership of E. W. Gross '27, President, H. R. Wood '27, Vice-President, J. C. Prothero '27, Secretary, and E. M. Bailen '26, Treasurer. The club plans a series of informal meetings which will be open only to members. Any German citizen and all members of the German department are eligible for membership without election. All other members of the University who are interested are urged to attend the open meeting which in all probability will be held next week at the Union.

The purpose of the Deutscher Verein is to afford members of the University an opportunity for discussing modern German activities, literary, political, and artistic. In order to accomplish this end, prominent German authorities will address the club, after which an informal discussion among members will be in order.

Members of the University desiring further information should get in touch with one of the officers at 52 Plympton Street.