Harvard Graduate Held Up in George Washington Test As a Drunkard or a Moron -- Test Designed for Policemen

Professor Fred A. Moss of the psychology department of George Washington University at Washington, D. C., apparently has a low opinion of the average Harvard graduate.

The students of George Washington University, faced yesterday a new kind of examination. They number 1200, and the test which has been given them is one designed by Professor Moss with a view to securing evidence as to which students are good mixers, and which will "get along in the world."

The "social intelligence test", as it has been named, has already been tried out in several thousand cases involving the selection of policemen. This is the first time that it has been applied to college students, and Professor Moss hopes that the results will add to the faculty's knowledge of the individual student. The professors will know at once which students have qualities leading to popularity and success.

The test consists of a problem in sizing up a series of social situations, with a view to ascertaining the ability of the student to meet similar problems in life.

A typical question on the examination paper set by Professor Moss, reads as follows:

"A Harvard graduate is holding a position as caretaker of a small playground. He is most likely one of the following. (1) A drunkard or drug addict: (2) unusually fond of children: (3) unable to adjust to a position of responsibility: (4) a moron."

The student is asked to underline the correct answer.