UNDERGRADUATES FIGHT TO BE MIRACLE WORKERS

Morris Gest and His Assistants Accept 50 of 200 Who Storm Advocate--More Than 100 on Waiting List

On Monday evening the Advocate Building was stormed by a crowd of 200 eager, self-confident Harvard students; last night, 50 of these men had been rewarded for their ardor by Morris Gest and his assistants, who granted the students parts in the Miracle.

When the 200 students stormed the Advocate Building, all were tentatively accepted by H. F. Weber 1G.B., in charge of Harvard's share in the spectacle. Following the first rehearsal this squad of 200 was cut, and the fortunate 50 were retained by Mr. Gest's staff after the initial try-out. Men of great height and soldierly appearance were given preference, histrionic ability not figuring in the choice.

Although there is a waiting list of over 100 names for parts as non-vocal supers, the demand for men with voices is still unsatisfied. Morris Gest wants men with big voices, particularly basses, for work in the chorus. Such men will be given try-outs by application to the Advocate.

Those retained are rehearsing regularly at the Opera House from 7.30 to 10 o'clock in the evening.