BIG FUTURE POSSIBLE FOR POLO SAYS CLARK

Captain Pinkerton, Stranahan, Shaw, and Remick Will Face Elis at Dedham Country Club

"Polo could support itself with plenty to spare, with a field and grandstands for its use near the University," asserted Captain S. F. Clark, University polo coach, to the CRIMSON last night. "The sport is attractive enough to the public, and has become so popular that it would undoubtedly become a self-supporting organization.

"With the first step towards making polo a minor sport taken by the Student Council, we naturally hope for its acceptance by the Athletic Committee, and support such as is given polo at Yale and Princeton," he continued.

"All that polo has gained here so far has been accomplished by the men themselves. The equipment ponies with their upkeep, and the expense of a field in Dedham, have all been supplied by the team, with help from the Alumni Association.

"The strain of all that expense is too much for us to think of getting a field of our own near Cambridge, but if we could, I think the gate receipts at the games would more than warrant it. The Harvard polo team a few years ago won the intercollegiate championship for the United States, and the public would be likely to support a Harvard team."

For the first time here, a manager was deemed necessary for the team. E. W. Mudge '27, was appointed for the season.

In addition to the games with Princeton and Yale already scheduled the Yale team will come up to Dedham for a game this Saturday. The probable line-up of the University team is: 1. F. D. Sranahan Jr. '26, 2. Alexander Shaw '28; 3. R. A. Pinkerton '27; Back, J. A. Remick '28.

Substitutes expected to play are L. P. Cotton '29, R. P. Gibb '29, and E. A. Turtein Jr. '28.