INDIAN HORDE COMES PREPARED TO SCALP

Cheek's Abstinence From Scrimmage Causes Comment--Coady's Possible Defection Will Hurt Crimson

The 1925 Dartmouth invasion, the fourth since the war, will start this afternoon when 35 players from Hanover trot out onto the Stadium turf for their final practice before Saturday's big battle.

The big Green squad arrived in Boston late yesterday afternoon and are staying at the Hotel Bellevue. When shortly after two o'clock, the Dartmouth players left Hanover in automobiles yesterday, two thousand students jammed the sidewalks and sent "Wah-Hoo-Wah's" booming across the town, while the band sent the strains of "The Backs Go Tearing By" through the uproar.

Hawley Not Overconfident

"One of the best things that happen to a football squad is what happened to Harvard last week," was Coach Hawley's parting statement. "The Harvard team hasn't had a first down made against it by rushing this year. They're a good team--they've got a wonderful line, and I want you to know that I'm not fooling myself a bit on that Harvard team."

As the Dartmouth mentor says, it is on its defensive strength that Harvard is basing the major part of its hopes for victory tomorrow. The showing of the line on the defense has been stronger than for several years. Even with two regulars missing, the Crimson barrier was altogether too much for the Holy Cross rushing attack.

Adie Will Start Tomorrow

Only one change will be made in the Harvard line for tomorrow's contest. Adie is expected to hold down the right end station in place of Saltonstall. Although Nash and Daley, considered regulars till the Holy Cross game, are in uniform, neither is likely to start against Dartmouth. Daley is not in the best of condition yet and C. H. Bradford, his substitute, has proved to be a strong acquisition to the line. Pratt apparently has got ahead of Nash in their race for a first team rating.

In yesterday's offensive practice at the Stadium the most noticeable feature was the continued absence of Captain Cheek from much participation in the work. Cheek was on hand and spent some time catching punts and place-kicking, but he took no part in the signal drill or in the long defensive work against Dartmouth plays.

McGlone was again piloting Team A yesterday and it is quite likely that he will start the game tomorrow. It will not be the first time he has been in the line-up at the opening of a big game, as he started at quarterback in the 5-0 victory at Princeton two years ago.

The first team backfield yesterday was composed of McGlone, Crosby, Miller, and Howe. Coady, Maher, and Stafford were all conspicuous absentees, and none of them seems likely to be in the starting line up. The official statement is that Coady will be available for the game, but as he has not donned a uniform this week his participation against the Green appears improbable.

Punting May Fall to Moseley

It is only natural therefore that conjecture should be made as to who will do Harvard's punting. Of the men who played in the Team A backfield, only Miller has ever punted in a University game, and on that occasion he was called upon to make a short kick out of bounds. In these circumstances it is natural that the suggestion should have been made that Harvard will play the same punting game against Dartmouth as it did against Middlebury. However, this is impractical, as there is a difference in the caliber of the Dartmouth and Middlebury defenses. At present the best available punter appears to be Moseley, who called signals for Team B yesterday.

No changes were made in the Dartmouth lineup at their final home practice yesterday morning. This afternoon the Hanover squad will practice in the Stadium at 3.30 o'clock, after the abbreviated workout for the University players has ended.

Indians to Be Amused

Tonight Manager Worthington and Coach Hawley of the Dartmouth forces will go with the players to Keith's Theatre; tomorrow after the game the men will attend the Ziegfield Follies. Dartmouth has only one injured player in its squad, this being Robinson, a substitute halfback.

Tomorrow's game marks the third time that a Hawley-coached team has faced a Fisher-drilled eleven. In 1922 Coach Jackson Connell brought Dartmouth to Cambridge and Harvard triumphed 12 to 3, but since Hawley has taken ever the reins, the Hanover outfit has twice taken a fall out of the Crimson. Two years ago a sweeping Dartmouth attack knocked Harvard into a heap and the Indians danced to a 16 0 win. Last fall Harvard tossed scoring opportunities aside, fumbled the ball frequently and practically presented Dartmouth with a 6 0 victory. Tomorrow Coach Fisher will try to bring forth his second victory over the visitors and his first over a Hawley-coached aggregation