AWARD OF SIX SCHOLARSHIPS TO FRESHMEN IS MADE TODAY

Harvard Club of Boston and Charles Sumner Fund Are Donors

The Charles Sumner Scholarship, formerly the Charles Sumner Bird Scholarship, has been awarded to L. R. Henrich '29, of Auburndale. This award, offered by C. S. Bird '77, goes annually to a graduate of a high school within twenty miles of Boston.

The Sumner Scholarship is awarded for high scholarship, qualities of leadership, and well-rounded development. The five scholarships of the Harvard Club of Boston, which have also been awarded, cover the same field as the Sumner award and carry a stipend for high school graduates of the same qualities.

Further Scholarships Awarded

The Harvard Club of Boston Scholarships have been awarded to W. C. Goodwin '29, of Marblehead: David Guarnaccia '29, of Wakefield: W. G. Hazard '29, of Jamaica Plain: John F. Ryan '29, of Beverly, and Marshall Schalk '29, of Brighton.

Goodwin, Guarnaccia, and Ryan are graduates of their local high schools, while Hazard went to Roxbury Latin and Schalk to Boston Latin. Henrich, the winner of the Sumner Scholarship, prepared at Newton High School.

The committee on scholarships which decided the Harvard Club awards is composed of J. W. D. Seymour '17, chairman; J. D. Merrill '89, and F. M. Sawtell '02.