SCULLING REGATTA WILL BEGIN TODAY

Medals to Be Awarded to Winners in Each Class--Crew Y Dropped From University Roster

Preliminary races in the sculling regatta will be held this afternoon beginning at 3 o'clock. There will be four classifications of events, single shell races, wherries, broad and narrow compromises, and double sculls.

Each event will be divided into heats, the winner of each heat to row in the finals tomorrow afternoon. Medals will be awarded to the winners of each class of boat, all members of the University being allowed to compete. About 30 have signed up for entries so far, and men may still apply by signing in the blue-book at the manager's desk in Weld Boathouse.

Barges to Be Used Today

Novices who have been rowing on the Leviathan this fall will all be shifted, for the first time, into barges this afternoon. About 125 men in all will be affected by this change.

Another change has been the dropping of Crew Y from the University crews. The best oarsmen from the combined Crews X and Y have been assigned places on boat X, and the remaining men have been dropped to the Class Crews. This cut did not affect the class races which took place on Friday afternoon. These were won by Junior Crew B, second place being taken by both Junior A and Sophomore A in a tie, and fourth by Sophomore Crew B.

This week, a number of men who have been rowing on Class Crews are to drop practice for the rest of the season, necessitating a severe shake-up in the seating of the remaining crews.

The weather having been predominantly good so far this season, Coach Stevens has expressed the hope that practice may be continued for son a time to come. On only a few days it has been impossible to hold workouts, and it seems probable that bests will be going out regularly until ice makes it too dangerous to attempt practice on the river.