FISHER-DALY SYSTEM PUT TO TEST TODAY

Crosby, Miller, Coady Complete Backfield--Will Likely Show Offensive Entirely New to University

This afternoon at 2 o'clock the University football team will open its 1925 season against a college which has never before had a representation on a Harvard field. The Rennselaer Polytechnic Institute, of Troy, New York, has sent the eleven which wil provide the first test for the new Crimson regime.

To those who have followed the recent course of Harvard football and are expecting great things of the new Fisher-Daly coaching combination, this afternoon's session should prove enlightening. The forecast of what-may be expected of the team in its later contests will be seen in the way in which it handles the ball today. It is expected that some of the plays which have been evolved for the 1925 attack will be used and their effectiveness shown by the result of the game.

Opponents Line Is Heavy

The record of the Rensselaer teams during the past few years would point to a fairly strong aggregation for this fall. The line in particular appears to be formidable as its combined weight gives it somewhat the edge over that of the Crimson line. The University backfield, due to the presence of Miller and Coady, however, overbalances that of the opposing backfield.

The starting University lineup is exactly the same as that which constituted team A in the long scrimmage on Tuesday. With Cheek, Crosby, Miller, and Coady for the backfield, the University will have four men who are efficient ball carriers. Cheek at quarterback combines an ability of generalship and a record which shows him to be one of the best ground gainers on the team. Coady at fullback is a reliable kicker and is also a big offensive factor in his running ability. Crosby, the star back of last year's Freshman team, and Miller, the fastest and at the same time the heaviest man in the lineup, have proven their ability of taking the ball through the stiffest opposition.

The physical condition of the University squad today should be almost perfect. The added week of training afforded by the two week preliminary practice agreement of Harvard. Yale, and Princeton has given the coaches a chance to have their men in excellent shape for the initial contest. They have been greatly aided in this by Trainer Farrell who has given up his active fall coaching of track to condition the gridiron men for their campaign.

The class of 1929 will celebrate the opening of the 1925 football season and their first athletic season at the University by marching on masse to the Rensselaer Polytechnic game today.

All Freshmen will gather in the Smith Halls quadrangle at 2.15 and form in line. They will march out the West gate and down Boylston Street across Anderson Bridge to the Stadium, Section 35 has been reserved for them by the H. A. A.

H. T. Dunker '25, who is assisting Coach Campbell on the Freshman football squad, will be in charge of the parade.