UNDEFEATED HARRIERS CONQUER M. I. T., 24-31

FRESHMEN NOSE OUT M. I. T. BY ONE POINT MARGIN

The undefeated University harriers added another victory to their record yesterday afternoon when they defeated the M. I. T. runners 24 to 31. First place was taken by R. G. Luttman '28, for the first time this year, W. L. Tibbetts '26 and E. C. Haggerty '27 crossing the line together in the tie for second place.

In spite of the cold afternoon, and the occasional snow flurries, Luttman negotiated the course in the comparatively fast time of 28 minutes and 42 seconds, which is just 14 seconds slower than the time Captain Tibbetts made in setting the record for the track last week, when he won the Dartmouth race, under much more favorable conditions.

Captain Rooney of the Technology aggregation was the next to finish, fourth place being closely contested by Rooney's team-mate, Rick. Sixth, seventh and ninth places were taken by Horpe, Akerly and Smith, all of Technology, while eighth and tenth were captured by Edward Gordon '27 and Peppino Porfilio '26, respectively.

The Crimson first-year men, after losing both first and third places to the 1929 Technology harriers, came through with a sensational 27 to 28 victory.