FALL SOCIAL SERVICE WORK STARTS TODAY

Conference Marks Opening of System Under Lundell and Seven Assistant Social Service Secretaries

The Phillips Brooks House Association will open its social service work for the year at a Conference at 7.30 tonight in Peabody Hall at the Phillips Brooks House.

The conference will be preceded at 6.15 o'clock by a dinner to be attended by all members of the committee incharge, at which Mr. Robert Kelso '04 will be guest of honor.

Crimson Editor Will Speak

The conference will last from 7.30 to 8.30 o'clock and is intended for all men who plan to do social service during the year. The following men will speak: Mr. Robert Kelso '04, Secretary of the Boston Council of Social Service Agencies, Mr. Thomas Bridges of the Roxbury Neighborhood House, Mr. G. P. Ludiam '25, former Editorial Chairman of the CRIMSON, and C. G. Lundell '27, Secretary of the Social Service Committee. N. S. Howe '26, Chairman of the Committee will preside.

Mr. Kelso will speak mainly on the theory of social service. His experience has been very extensive. Mr. Bridges will deal with the active part of the subject. As head of the Roxbury Neighborhood House, he is in close contact with actual conditions and will outline the work which students will do. Mr. Ludlam, who is now connected with the Denison House in Boston, will take the subject of charity work from the point of view of the student who is doing it. Lundell will close with a blackboard talk giving in detail a graphic description of the year's plans.

The Conference marks the opening of a reconstructed program of social service work. Hitherto one secretary has had complete charge of the committee's program. This year seven assistant secretaries will aid in the direction and will hold office hours at the Phillips Brooks House daily from 9 to 1 o'clock, and from 1.45 to 3 o'clock every day but Saturday.