McPHAIL IS GREEN QUARTERBACK

Former Fullback Definitely Chosen to Pilot Dartmouth Team

Hanover, N. H., October 7, 1925--After turning back Hobart college Saturday 340 the Dartmouth football team is now preparing for this week's contest with Vermont. All of the regulars and second string men are in good condition and suffered no injuries from the Hobart encounter.

The Hobart game was a turning point in the progress of the Green. The backfield situation, which was quite unsettled, has now cleared up. Lane, a Sophomore, clearly earned his way to a regular position on the first team as Oberlander's running-mate by virtue of his many long runs last Saturday. The position is well supplied with good men, however, as McAvoy and Robinson, the leading contenders for the position, are also triple threat men.

McPhail Moved From Fullback

Hobart presented an attack of fast and tricky plays which completely rejuvenated the Dartmouth forwards. The line was given less attention than the backfield because of the large number of letter men who have returned to play. Davis, at center, who is the only one who is not a letter man, played as a regular during the early part of the 1924 season.

The quarterback problem has also been cleared up by the improved work of McPhail, captain of last year's Freshman team. The loss of Dooley and of his substitute, Fallon, who started against Harvard last year, caused some trouble to the coaches. After several shifts had been tried, McPhail was moved up from fullback and has done well as a regular. Horton, who earned his letter in the Cornell game last year, is the regular fullback.