CHOOSE 10 TO STUDY HARVARD PROBLEMS

Committee to Act as Clearing House for Suggestions from Student Body--Solicits Criticizing

The Student Council committee headed by E. C. Aswell '26, appointed to investigate educational problems in the College, has announced at list of seven men, not on the Council, to be added to the committee list. The complete group follows:

The three members from the Council are: Edward Campbell Aswell '26, of Nashville, Tenn; James Lawrence Carroll Jr. '26, of Reading; William Ichabod Nichols '26, of Wilton, Conn.

Seven members not on the Student Council, whose names were announced last night are: George William Cottrell Jr. '26, of Cleveland, O; Charles Francis Darlington Jr. '26, of New York City; Walter Dumaux Edmonds ocC., of New York City; Henry Melvin Hart Jr., '26, of Spokane, wash; Chester Tevis Lane '26, of Surrey, England; Stanley De Jongh Osborne '26, of Guatemala City, Guatemala; and Cecil Irton Wylde '27, of Boston.

Committee Has Double Purpose

The seven new members to serve on the Committee on Education will bring fairly varied points of view to bear on the questions they will have to consider. The complete committee of ten will represent Harvard undergraduates as well as such a small group of students can. In choosing these men, due regard was given their Rank List grouping, since it was considered that undergraduates who have proved their little as students may speak with greater right on matters of their own education than those who have not.

"The work of the committee will be of a two-fold nature," Aswell explained last night. "In the first place, we shall study as thoroughly as possible such problems as examinations and tutorial methods, with a view to making constructive suggestions for improving the methods used. In the second place, the committee will act as a clearing house through which criticisms and suggestions on educational matters will be welcomed for consideration.

"It is hoped that any member of the University who thinks he has a just grievance against any requirement or system now in force, or who feels the need of further restriction, will communicate it to one of the members of the committee. Such criticisms will be especially valuable, if accompanied by constructive suggestions."

The first meeting of the complete committee is called for Monday evening, November 16, at 7 o'clock, in the CRIMSON Building.