ELIS WILL USE RICKARD ARENA FOR HOME GAMES

POTTS AND FERGUSON RETURN AS VETERAN REGULARS

The newspaper announcement made two weeks ago that the Yale hockey team would use the new Springfield Arena for its practice sessions and home games this winter, was yesterday retracted by H. F. Woodcock, General Manager of the Yale Athletic Association.

Tex Rickard's new skating plant, the Madison Square Garden Arena in New York, will be employed for practice, and the Blue will hold most of its important contests there. When the New York rink is not available for Yale's use, advantage will be taken of the offer of the Princeton Athletic Association to permit them the use of the Hobey Baker Memorial Arena at Princeton.

Yale's prospects this year are bright, for although Captain Jenkins, Scott, and Trumbull, leading figures in the 1-0 game in the Arena last February which brought Yale the Big Three championship, are lost by graduation, six letter men will report to Coach C. L. Wanamaker.

On the defense the Elis will have a formidable pair in Captain Potts, and Cole. In the forward line the Blue will have the brilliant Ferguson, whose poke-check played an important part in stopping the Crimson. Cutter and Cottle, substitute wings last year who are at present filling halfback positions on the Yale eleven, and Frey, reserve center.

From last year's Freshman team which trailed the Crimson 1928 sextet come Lapham, Quarrier, Vaughan, and Ryan, who showed to advantage in last year's game at Boston.

The revised Yale hockey schedule reads as follows; December 26 to January 3, practice games with Williams at Lake Placid; January 4; McGill at New York; 12, Dartmouth at New York; 16, Princeton at New York; 23, Harvard at Boston; 27, Boston University at New York; February 6, Dartmouth at Hanover; 13, open; 28, Princeton at Princeton; 27, Harvard at New York.