DAILY FOLLOWS FISHER IN HANDING IN RESIGNATION

PLAYED QUARTERBACK AS CAPTAIN OF 1900 ELEVEN

Major C. F. Daly '01, assistant coach of the University eleven, will not return to the coaching staff next season. He announced his decision to retire soon after Coach Fisher made public a similar decision. Major Daly will devote all his time to the work of the United States War Department.

Major Daly came to the University last spring as a member of the faculty of Military Science, and took part in coaching the spring practice. This fall he was in charge of moulding the new Crimson attack, but the weakness of the line in the early games hampered the development of the team's offensive strength, and, as W. J. Blake, '13, pointed out at the football rally last week, coaches usually take three or four years before completing a successful system of attack.

At the University Major Daly was a brilliant quarterback, and was captain of the eleven in 1900. Later he coached the West Point eleven for many years with considerable success.

In a statement concerning his retirement, Major Daly made it clear that his relations with Coach Fisher and the other assistant coaches were always extremely friendly. He was very popular with the squad, and his retirement is regretted.