DEBATING UNION WAKES TO ANNOUNCE FIRST MEETING

DEBATE TO BE HELD ON QUESTION OF COLLEGIATISM HERE

"Should Harvard be more collegiate?" is the question which will be discussed at the first meeting of the Harvard Debating Union this fall. The debate will take place on November 10, in the Faculty Room of the Union at 8 o'clock.

All students in the University are invited to join the Debating Union, which is run under the same system, as nearly as possible, as the famous Oxford Union the opinions of any of the audience.

English Forms to Be Used Here

To overcome the great difference between English and American styles of debating is one of the aims of the Harvard Debating Union.

To give Harvard students opportunity to voice their opinions and gain experience in public speaking was the cause of the foundation of the Harvard Debating Union four years ago.

Announcement of the first speakers in Tuesday's meeting will be made tomorrow; there will be three men arguing for each side. After they have completed their speeches, the floor will be thrown open for discussion.

The committee in charge of the Harvard Debating Union this year is composed of E. J. Metzjorf '26, C. T. Lane '26, W. I. Nichols '26, and F. V. Field '27.