HUDSON TO SPEAK ON LEAGUE TOMORROW

Activity of League in Balkans and Syria and Student Move for International Cooperation Makes Topic Timely

Professor Manley O. Hudson '10, Bemis Professor of International Law, will speak in Peabody Hall, Phillips Brooks House, at 4 o'clock tomorrow. One of the leading advocates of the entry of the United States into the League of Nations, Professor Hudson will speak on "A Summer With the League of Nations."

"International Cooperation and the Reason for it" will also be a question discussed by Professor Hudson. The meeting will be held under the auspices of the Phillips Brooks House Association, and is open to all members of the University.

Few men in America are qualified to speak with more authority on the League of Nations than is Professor Hudson. For years he has been closely involved in international affairs. In 1919 he was a member of the Paris Peace Conference, serving on three commissions, and later held a position on the legal section of the Secretariat of the League of Nations. Since the League was founded he has spent every summer at Geneva. His activities in the field of international cooperation have varied from a position of legal adviser to the International Labor Conference in 1919 to legal adviser to the International Conference on Obscene Publications in 1923.

A Staunch Advocate of League

Always an ardent supporter of the League of Nations, Professor Hudson has long urged American participation. He has followed all the League's activities closely, and a year ago predicted that Germany would probably be admitted to the League on a basis of equality.

At tomorrow's meeting, Professor Hudson will speak on his observations gained at Geneva last summer. His speech will have especial significance in view of the League's recent show of power in stopping the Greco-Bulgarian war which threatened to start another Balkan struggle, and its present activity in settling the Syrian question. The subject of international cooperation is a timely one also, because of the present intercollegiate movement for American participation in the World Court.