MINOR SPORT TEAMS CLASH WITH TIGERS

Kickers, With Poor Early Season Record Face Strong Opposition--Horsemen Fight for Last Game of Series

Two University minor sport teams will draw their share of the Harvard-Princeton sport followers when they oppose Orange and Black rivals today. The polo team journeys to Princeton to play an opener for the football clash at 11 o'clock this morning, while the soccermen will play on Soldiers Field at 3 o'clock in the afternoon.

With only one victory in five starts to its credit, the soccer eleven will oppose a Princeton team with a clean record for its season thus far.

Today's game will be the third Intercollegiate League contest for the Crimson booters, and the second for the Tigers. Cornell and Pennsylvania have both succeeded in downing Harvard, while Princeton in her initial league contest played the strong Haverford outfit to a 2-2 tie.

University Strong on Defense

Defensively, the Crimson team is very strong, but the absence of punch in the forward line has prevented the University eleven from outscoring its rivals. In the five games played to date, the Crimson has scored only a total of four goals, their single victory being over the Clan Lindsay team in the opening game.

Princeton, who has steadily ranked high in soccer circles, again has a powerful squad of veterans. In their opening game against Williams, the Tigers put the ball into the Purple cage 12 times while the Princeton goalguard spent an idle afternoon.

Princeton Held to Tie Once

Last Saturday against Haverford, strong contender for the league championship, the Orange and Black tallied twice, but was unable to prevent Haverford from equalizing the score. Two extra periods were scoreless, and the game was declared a draw.

The two teams will probably line up today as follows: Harvard  Princeton Thomas g.  g. Colebrook Tarnowsky r.f.b.  r.f.b. McCabe Phaneuf l.f.b.  l.f.b. Cutts MacKinnon r.h.b.  r.h.b. James Rubin l.h.b.  l.h.b. Fisher Wickersham c.h.b.  c.h.b. Shearer Driggs o.l.  o.l. Waters Crooks i.l.  i.l. Handy Trevvett c.f.  c.f. Saunders Gans i.r.  i.r. Squires Gherardi o.r.  o.r. Ritchie

Polo Game Last of Big Three

As a curtain raiser for the football game at Princeton, the Crimson polo quartet will face the Orange and Black horsemen in the final contest of this year's Big Three fall polo series. The game will take place outside the walls of the Palmer Stadium.

The University line-up will be the same as that which started against Yale two weeks ago, it has been announced. A great improvement in teamwork over that shown in the Yale game is expected, owing to the numerous hard workouts for the past two weeks at the Dedham Country Club.

The Princeton team is entirely composed of veteran players, headed by Captain Clothier, star of last season's contests. The team is reported to be in exceptionally good condition, having defeated a strong Freebooters combination 8 to 2 last month.

Princeton Helped by Practice

The long trip to Dedham has made it impossible for the University squad to practice more than twice a week, while Princeton has been holding daily practice all fall. The line-up follows:

University--1, F. D. Stranahan '26; 2, Alexander Shaw '28; 3, R. A. Pinkerton '26; back, J. A. Remick '28.

Princeton--1, F. K. Bottomley '27; 2, W. L. Colket '26; 3, I. H. Clothier '26; back, H. R. Erdman '27.

Polo Game Last of Big Three

Princeton Helped by Practice