HARVARD FUTURE WILL BE DECIDED TOMORROW

MERGER BETWEEN HARVARD AND DEBATING UNIONS PROPOSED

At 8 o'clock tomorrow evening, the first meeting of the year of the Harvard Debating Union will be held in the Faculty Room of the Harvard Union. The subject announced, "Resolved, That Harvard should be more collegiate," seems sure to evoke considerable discussion.

All of the men who are scheduled to speak have argued in University debates D. W. Chapman '27, President of the Debating Council, Barrett Williams '28, and F. W. Lorenzen '28, will uphold the affirmative side of the question, while A. F. Reel '28, Kenneth White '27, and E. G. Wesson 1L, will argue for the negative.

Meeting Open to Audience

These men will not be the only speakers of the evening, for any member of the audience will have a chance to express his feelings after the scheduled speeches have been made.

An effort is being made, it was rumored last night, to bring about an incorporation of the Debating Union with the Harvard Union. The former has existed for four years as an individual institution, ever since its founding by F. A. O. Schwerz '24, R. F. Bradford '23, Corlies Lamont '24, H. C. Lodge '24, Charlton MacVeagh '24, and other students who were interested at that time in establishing at Harvard an institution similar to that at Oxford. The proposed amalgamation, according to sentiments expressed last night by men interested in debating, would not necessarily entail any loss of individuality on the part of the Debating Union.