WHITBECK TO HEAD MINOR SPORTS BODY

Committee Is Appointed to Consider Possible Form of "H" for Champion Minor Sport

J. F. Whitbeck '27 was elected president, and G. D. Debevoise '26, Secretary, at a meeting of the Minor Sports Council last night.

A committee composed of H. S. Woodbridge '27, chairman, J. F. Whitbeck '27, and G. R. Debevoise '27, was appointed to consider a form of minor "H" that might appropriately be awarded to championship minor sport teams.

Recommendations for major "H"s in cross country were made for W. L. Tibbets Jr. 26, R. G. Luttman '28, and E. C. Haggerty '27, who won first, second, and third places respectively in the Harvard Yale-Princeton meet.

"H. C. C."s Are Awarded

Minor H. C. C.'s were awarded to J. N. Watters '26, and Edward Gordon '27. Tibbets and Luttman were also awarded "H"s because they placed among the first seven in the I. C. A. A. A. A. meet. Haggerty, Gordon, and Watters were also awarded "H. C. C."s for their work in the same meet. E. W. Marshall '26 was retained as manager of cross-country, while K. B. Harding '27, was elected manager for 1926.

Numerals for Freshman cross-country were awarded to J. O. Wilder '29, who placed among the first three in the Harvard Yale meet. A. S. Wooworth '29, J. W. Downing '29, W. R. McLaurin '29, and F. J. Mumford '29, manager, were awarded "1929 C. C."

Soccer letters were awarded to J. F. Carr '28, L. L. F. Driggs '28, A de Tarnowsky '26, A. L. Phaneuf '26, MacKinnon '27, T. R. Wickersham '26, A. F. Parrott '28, S. S. Ganz '28, W. J. Small '26, N. R. Danielian '28, W. E. Trevvett '27, J. E. Keefe '28, K. B. Crocks '27 and D. D. Thomas '28. A. Rubin '26 and H. R. Gherardi '27, who were injured and therefore unable to play in the Yale game were awarded "H. A. F." H. S. Woodbridge '27 was reelected manager of soccer for 1926.