TRIALS FOR DEBATING TEAM ARE TO BE HELD TOMORROW

Conditions of Intercollegiate Football Is Topic of First Forensic Clash

The trials for the first triangular debate of the Eastern Intercollegiate Debating league on January 16 will be held at 7 o'clock tomorrow night in Harvard 6, according to an announcement by D. W. Chapman '27 President of the Debating Council.

A definite statement of the question for the first debate, in which one Harvard team will meet Brown at Providence, and the other will debate with Wesleyan at Cambridge, was received yesterday from E. s. Noble, President of the Eastern Intercollegiate Debate League. The question as stated by Mr. Fred Perkins, prominent Providence lawyer and official counsel of the League is, "Resolved. That this house deplores the condition of intercollegiate athletics in eastern colleges."

"This subject," writes Mr. Noble "represents the wish of a majority of those colleges which submitted questions to Mr. Perkins, and he has worded it in debatable form."

Mr. Francis E. Bowman '24, Instructor in English, will coach the team for the first triangular debate, relieving Mr. R. S. Fanning '23, who did the coaching for the Oxford debate last fall. Mr. Bowman has had previous experience in this line, having coached the Freshman team through a successful season last year.