WORLD COURT IS FAVORED IN INTERCOLLEGIATE VOTE

Students of 325 Colleges Vote Six to One for United States' Participation Under Hughes Reservations

The results of the nation-wide poll on the World Court, conducted by the New Student, intercollegiate student magazine, with cooperation of the World Court Committee of the Council of Christian Organizations, were announced last Sunday at the close of the National Collegiate World Court Conference at Princeton, showing a heavy majority in favor of the World Court with moderate reservations.

The vote in each college was taken by either the President of the institution, the student paper, the student government, the Christian Association, or a combination of these official agencies. No votes of minor partisan groups were accepted.

Every college and university in the country was asked to vote on four proposals regarding the World Court. The first was the Harding-Coolidge-Hughes reservations. The second, the "Harmony Peace Plan" of thirty World Court leaders. The third, the "Borah Plan," and the fourth was absolute opposition to the Court in any form.

Many of the colleges preferred to vote straight "for" or "against" the Court and were separately tabulated. The total number of votes cast was 120,677.

The vote on the four specific proposals resulted as follows: the Harding-Coolidge-Hughes plan received 39,327 votes, the "Harmony Plan" received 21,385 votes, the "Borah terms" received 7,884 votes, and 12,412 votes were cast against the Court in any form.

The addition vote which was cast simply "for" or "against" resulted in 33,687 for the Court and 6,582 opposed. Hence the final results show the overwhelming majority of 93,799 in favor of the Court in terms probably acceptable to the Administration against 7,884 votes for the "Borah Plan," and 18,940 against the Court absolutely.