CURTAIN RISES ON ICE SEASON TONIGHT

Gross, Scott, Hamlen, Pratt and Cumings Are Letter Men in a Heavy Crimson Line--Long List of Reserves

The Crimson skaters will meet their first test of the year, when they clash with the Technology hockey six on the Arena ice at 8 o'clock tonight in the opening game of the season. The University lineup with five letter men in it will present a fast, heavy, forward line and a weighty defense. E. S. Clark '26 will be the only new face among the veterans who are listed as probable starters.

The M. I. T. puck men were defeated last week by a large score in their game with Boston University. The B. U. squad ran up a 7 to 1 count against the Crimson's opponents in tonight's game. In the first encounter of last season the University skaters won from the Tech sextet by a 8 to 1 score. If tonights contest proves a repetition of last season's game, several combinations will probably be used by Coach Bigelow.

The forward line composed of C. S. Gross '27, R. S. Scott '27 and Nathanial Hamlen '27, is the Team A combination which will take the ice first tonight. This trio of Juniors who comprised last seasons reserve offense, will probably be relieved by C. L. Harding '26, C. P. Chase '28 and A. W. Richardson '28 before the end of the game. N. S. Howe and C. I Wylde '27 are reserve defense men who will surely see service if the team runs up a score.

Isadore Zarakov '27 has been practicing for several days and has been showing his customary speed. He may get into the play at one wing for a short time tonight.