TWO COMPETITIONS FOR SOPHOMORES TOMORROW

MEETING TO BE HELD AT CRIMSON BUILDING AT 7 O'CLOCK

Two CRIMSON competitions, open only to Sophomores, will be launched tomorrow night at 7 o'clock in the Crimson Building on Plympton Street.

The competitions starting tomorrow will be for positions on the news and photographic staffs of the college daily, and will be the last opportunity offered men in the class of 1928 to secure positions in these departments. The business department's final Sophomore competition was launched several weeks ago, and the editorial department is open only to competitors from the Junior class.

Both competitions starting tomorrow will run the usual 11 weeks, but the arduous routine of competition will be broken by the Christmas vacation. Work during the Mid-Year examination period will be so arranged as to allow candidates sufficient time for their scholastic requirements.

Candidates elected at the end of the competition will be in line for higher executive positions on the board. Competition for the position of assistant managing editor and for assistant photographic chairman will not begin until next spring, and candidates successful in these competitions will be at no disadvantage in the race for these higher posts.

At the meeting tomorrow night, the President and the department heads will explain the requirements and general rules for the competitions.